Navigator, Critical Thinker, Citizen, Communicator, Innovative, Self-Aware, Ethical, Globally-Minded
ON THE HORIZON…..
- Memorial Day, No School, Monday, May 28
- All School Lost and Found on display, Tuesday – Thursday, May 29 – 31, outside of the Campbell Center.
- 5th Grade Stepping Up Day in the Middle School, Wednesday, May 30, 8:10 – 10:45am. Students will visit academic classes and join the MS at morning break.
- Annual Spanish Luncheon Field Trip, All 5th grade, 6th and 7th grade Spanish students, Thursday, May 31, 11:00am – 1:00pm. Other 6th and 7th graders will have an on-campus, Gallo/Roman picnic.
- 8th Grade (band students) visiting Harbor Hill, Thursday, May 31, 10:00 – 11:15
- Alumni Reunion, Saturday June 2,
- Rocky Hill School Annual Corporation Meeting – NEW DATE, Monday, June 4, 5:00 p.m. Flynn Lecture Hall
- Annual 8th Grade Dinner – Tuesday, June 5, 6:00 – 7:30pm
- End 0f Year All Middle School Field Trip to Newport, Wednesday, June 6. Regular school hours.
- Moving Up Day, Thursday, June 7, 9:00 – 11:00am. Summer vacation begins at the conclusion of the ceremony.
THIS WEEK …..
- MONDAY, 5/21
- 6th Grade Field Trip to Tillinghast Pond, West Greenwich, 8:30am – 2:30pm
- TUESDAY, 5/22
- RESCHEDULED – Deckhands Theater Company presents: Big Love, 6:30 p.m. at the Rocky Hill School waterfront Admission $5
- WEDNESDAY, 5/23
- 8th Grade Class Breakfast, period 1
- 8th Grade Field Trip, Walking Tour of Providence, State House, the Old State House, the Roger Williams National Memorial, and Prospect Park, 9:00am – 2:30pm
- FRIDAY, 5/25
- Final Mariner Period – MS SMAC presenting survey results and other activities.
Lunch Clean Up: Sweeping and Food Waste Weight
ADVISORY GROUP – Ms. Hersh-Rodeen’s Group
- Monday: Derek, Viv and Abbey
- Tuesday: Izzy, Hadley and Franny
- Wednesday: Sophia, Oliver and Derek
- Thursday: Vivi, Abbey, and Izzy
- Friday: Hadley, Franny Sophia and Oliver
SPORTS: FINAL Games and Matches
TUESDAY, MAY 22
- Tennis Middle School vs. Nativity Prep, 3:45pm
- Boys Lacrosse vs. PCD, 3:45pm
- Girls Lacrosse @ PCD, 4:00pm
From the 8th Grade Students: Plastics in the Environment – PBL
For the past couple of weeks, our 8th grade science class has been working on a project about plastics and the environment focused mainly on what we can do to help. As part of the project, we have created a website and an Instagram that shows all of our research and what you can do to make a difference. FOLLOW US!
Major Projects, Tests, Assignments…..
- Algebra 1 ch. 9 Quest, Monday, May 21
- Government Unit Test, Friday, June 1
- English: Shakespeare Picnic – Friday, June 1
- Algebra & Geometry Exams, Monday, June 4
- Foreign Language Final Exam, Tuesday, June 5
- Geography – Religion Project. Final essay due on May 21. Visual symbol due on May 25.
- French – Test, Wednesday, May 23, end of year written assessment, Wednesday, May 30
- Spanish – End of year written assessment, Wednesday, May 30
- Math Exam – Tuesday, June 5
- Math – Year in Review Ungraded Assessment, Friday June 1
- French – Oral tests, – Thursday May 31, Written Test – June 4
- Spanish – Oral tests – Thursday May 31, Written Test – June 4
Photos from the week…..