Navigator, Critical Thinker, Citizen, Communicator, Innovative, Self-Aware, Ethical, Globally-Minded
ON THE HORIZON…..
- All-School Art Show, May 15 – 18 in the Sharpe Gymnasium
- 7th Grade Field Trip to Trinity Rep to see “Ragtime”, Tuesday, May 15, 9:00am – 12:15pm
- 7th Grade Field Trip to the Deep Water Wind Farm, Block Island Sound, Wednesday, May 16
- 8th Grade Field Trip to Newport – Volvo Ocean Regatta In-Port Race, (connected to science PBL), Saturday, May 19, 10:00 am departure from RHS
- 6th Grade Field Trip to West Greenwich, Monday, May 21
- 8th Grade Field Trip, Walking Tour of Providence, Old State House…..Wednesday, May 23
- Memorial Day, No School, Monday, May 28
- All School Lost and Found on display, Tuesday – Thursday, May 29 – 31, outside of the Campbell Center.
- 5th Grade Stepping Up Day in the Middle School, Wednesday, May 30, 8:10 – 10:45am. Students will visit academic classes and join the MS at morning break.
- Annual Spanish Lunchcon Field Trip, All 5th grade, 6th and 7th grade Spanish students, Thursday, May 31, 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Alumni Reunion, Saturday June 2,
- Annual 8th Grade Dinner – Tuesday, June 5
- End 0f Year All Middle School Field Trip to Newport, Wednesday, June 6
- Moving Up Day, Thursday, June 7, 9:00 – 11:00am. Summer vacation begins at the conclusion of the ceremony.
THIS WEEK ….. is Crayola Pride Week
Each year, GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian, Straight Educational Network) hosts PRIDE Day to honor members of the Gay and Lesbian community who have suffered discrimination based on their sexual orientation. Rocky Hill School has used this day as a model for creating its own Crayola Pride Week. Each day of this coming week, students may wear specific colors to represent their support for these traditionally marginalized groups. This has become a great tradition for Rocky Hill School students and faculty, and one that, we hope, will encourage sustained discourse about oppression and how non-oppressed groups can use their privileges to make the world more equitable. For more information, please contact Matt Gnolfo, Director of Diversity, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MONDAY, 5/7 – (Orange and Blue: Ableism & Religious Tolerance)
- TUESDAY, 5/8 – (Green and Purple: Racism & Classism)
- BiWeekly Reports due, 10:00pm
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation Luncheon, 11:30am – 1:30pm, Campbell Conference Room
- WEDNESDAY, 5/9 – (Yellow and Lt. Blue: Family-ism & Ageism)
- All School PTL Meeting, 8:15am, Campbell Conference Room
- THURSDAY, 5/10 – (Red and Black: Lookism & Sexism)
- All School Choral Concert, 6:30pm in the Sharpe Gymnasium. This will be a no-homework night.
- FRIDAY, 5/11 – (Rainbow)
- Mariner Period: DIVERSITY Group students with Middle School students to discuss Crayola Pride Week
Lunch Clean Up: Sweeping and Food Waste Weight
ADVISORY GROUP – Ms. Gower’s Group
- Monday: Michael, Josh and Cole
- Tuesday: Juliana, Alex and Lilly
- Wednesday: Elliot, Orabel and Michael
- Thursday: Josh, Cole and Juliana
- Friday: Alex, Lilly, Elliot and Orabel
SPORTS: Games and Matches this week
MONDAY, MAY 7
- Tennis vs Mount St Charles, 3:45pm
TUESDAY, MAY 8
- Boys Lacrosse vs Gordon, 3:45pm
- Girls Lacrosse @ Gordon, 3;45pm
Major Projects, Tests, Assignments…..
- Mandarin’s last quiz: Thursday, May 10, Mandarin class field trip: Chinatown Boston Friday, May 18
- Math: Spaghetti bridge project ongoing. Rough draft of blue prints due in class Wednesday, May 8th
- English: Monsoon Summer final essay due Friday, 5/11
- Health: Quiz on the Excretory/Digestive Systems on Monday, May 7th. Double PE sessions begin next week.
- English:IRB due Monday, 4/30, Essay Draft due Tuesday, 5/1 & Final Draft due Friday, 5/4, Expository Film due Wednesday, 5/9
- Health/PE: Double PE sessions begin this week
- English: Expository Essay and Film due Wednesday, 5/9