Navigator, Critical Thinker, Citizen, Communicator, Innovative, Self-Aware, Ethical, Globally-Minded
ON THE HORIZON…..
- Culminating Event for 6th Grade “Haiti Playground” project,Wednesday, April 25, 6:00 – 8:00pm in the Campbell Center
April 28th Brown University Lacrosse Double Header $5:
12pm Girls Lax vs Dartmouth
4pm Boys Lax vs DartmouthSign Up: brownbears.com Promo Code: MARINERS
- All School Instrumental Concert, Thursday, May 3, 6:30pm in the Campbell Center
- Middle School Dance #3,Friday, May 4 at 7:00 – 9:30pm
- All School Choral Concert, Thursday, May 10, 6:30pm in the Campbell Center
THIS WEEK ….. Adviser/Parent Conferences
- TUESDAY, 4/17
- 8th Grade Schedule Change: 8th Grade to Upper School at 10:30 for Prefect Speeches – check the board in the hallway for the adjustments.
- Meet the New Director of Athletics, 5:30pm in the Flynn Lecture Hall
- Upper School Students Portfolio Art Show, in the Flynn Lecture Hall, 6:00 – 7:30pm
- WEDNESDAY, 4/18
- Department Meetings, 7:30am
- The Mariner Booster Club “The Crew” unveils our new portable concession trailer, 2:45pm next to the Girls Varsity field. Home games for Girls Varsity Field Hockey, Boys MS Lacrosse, and Varsity Tennis. Come down and enjoy an afternoon of Mariner sports!
- THURSDAY, 4/19
- 8th Grade Chorus to Harbor Hill, 10:00 – 11:15am
- Spring Artist-In-Residence Ana Bess Moyer Bell performs her play “Four Legs to Stand On” for RHS and Public, 6:30pm
- FRIDAY, 4/13
- 6th Grade Reps to Run Morning Meeting, 8:10am
- Mariner Period: TBA
CENTER FOR INNOVATION: A Look Ahead
- Innovator-in-Residence, Ana Bess Moyer Bell ‘06 public performance of Four Legs to Stand On, an original play examining the impacts of the opioid epidemic on a family. (recommended for 14+) Talk back session with the cast following performance.
- Team from a K-12 school in Canada, Holy Trinity School, visits the Center for Innovation, RHS leadership, and Board Chair to learn more about our programs. Thursday, April 19 and Friday, April 20.
- Director of Innovation, Meg Stowe, at Harvard Graduate School of Education to meet with graduate researcher to review findings from the study conducted to measure impact of programs in the Center’s beta year. Full roll-out and implementation for 2018/2019 school year, based on findings.
- T-Time Productions founder Theresa Moore will be continuing her work with 6th grade and 7th grade in a Digital Literacy project with Darshell Silva. Thursday, April 19th.
- Founders of 3D Design and fabrication venture, 3DES working with 6-8th grades on a S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, ART and Math) project with Lauren Savoia. Ongoing. Culminating event Friday, April 27th.
Lunch Clean Up: Sweeping and Food Waste Weight
ADVISORY GROUP – Ms. Buecheler’s Group
- Monday: Anand, Bennett & Juliana
- Tuesday: Lily K., Marshall & Lily O
- Wednesday: Nicole, Kaeley & Anand
- Thursday: Bennett, Juliana & Lily K
- Friday: Marshall, Lily O, Nicole and Kaeley
Games and Matches this week
TUESDAY, APRIL 17
- Tennis vs. Moses Brown, 4:00pm
- Boys Lacrosse @ St. Philomena, Tuesday, 3:45pm
- Girls Lacrosse at Pennfield, Thursday, 4:00pm
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18
- Lacrosse vs. Moses Brown, B Level Game, 4:00pm
THURSDAY, APRIL 19
- Tennis vs. Gordon, 3:45pm
- Girls Lacrosse vs. Lincoln, 3:45pm
VISITORS this week
Monday, April 16 Ethan visiting for grade 6: Host – Andrew Corsi
Major Projects, Tests, Assignments…..
- Health: 8th grade Natural High videos are to be uploaded to Google Classroom by April 23rd (for 8B) and April 25th (for 8W).
- Media Lit: The Third and Long project is now due: 7B on 4/10, 7W on 4/19
Math: Probability and Statistics Quest on Monday, 4/23
French: test on questions and question words on 4/18
- Math and French class: Started the “Haiti project”. Completion date is April 25th. It will include an evening presentation on April 25th from 6pm – 8pm.